Start: Create an Account
The first step in using Noodletools is to create an account. Watch this video tutorial and follow the steps to create your own account:
How to Create a Works Cited Page
1. While logged into your account, click on the New Project button in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Type in a Project Title. This is only used to identify your list and will not appear on your Works Cited page. For citation style, select MLA. For citation level, select Advanced.
3. Select the Sources tab at the top.
4. Click on the Create a New Citation button and then select where your source is from (i.e. website, in-hand, database, etc.). Then select the specific type of source you are citing (newspaper, email, etc.).
**Not sure what type of source it is? Ask your librarian! Email email@example.com.
5. Fill in as many fields as you can for your source and click Submit. (*Only those fields with a red asterisk by them are mandatory).
How to Create Notecards
1. Click the Notecards tab at the top navigation bar and then click New.
2. Input the notes about your source.
3. Your notecard gets saved automatically as you add information. When you are done, click Save and Close to save your final changes and close the window. New notecards appear in the upper left corner of your tabletop and in the bird's eye view.
TIP: Once you've created multiple notecards, you can pile them. Drag a notecard and drop it on another notecard to create a new pile, or use the Manage pile option above the tabletop to manage existing and create new piles with selected notecards. Notecard piles become the basis of organization within the Outline panel next to the Notecard Tabletop.
How to Print a Works Cited Page
1. Open the project and click Sources from the top Navigation bar.
2. Click Print/Export and select how you would like the file to open. TIP: Google Docs is best.
Get Help for Noodletools
Having trouble using Noodletools? Ask the library staff for help! But you can also use these handy links: