Search our collection by clicking the Alexandria icon below.
Find your Local Congressman
Websites for Quantitative Indicators
Please open this Google Doc for the login information you'll need to access the databases.=
Global Issues in Context covers current issues featuring viewpoint articles, topic overviews, full-text magazine, academic journal, and newspaper articles, primary source documents, statistics, images and podcasts, and links to websites.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context covers current issues and focuses on articles that presents each side to today's most important issues.
General OneFile provides access to news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics, including current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics.
US History in Context offers full-text articles from scholarly journals and eBooks. Maps, primary sources and historical documents are also included in order to provide an in-depth understanding of U.S. History topics.
ProQuest Newsstand offers access to the most influential news resources.
Library Research Presentations
MLA Citation Examples
- Times New Roman
- 12 point
- All black
- Double space entire document (including Works Cited page)
- Do not justify right-side of text
- Leave one space after period and other punctuation makrs unless teachers instructs otherwise
- 1 inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, right and left)
Heading and Title:
- No title page needed
- Header should begin one inch from top of first page and flush with the left side. Type your name, instructor's name, course name, and date on separate lines. Double space all lines.
- On a new double spaced line, center the title.
- Do not italicize or underline the title
Running Head with Page Numbers:
- Number all pages consecutively throughout the entire research paper
- Page number should be placed in right hand corner, 1/2 inch from the top and flush with right side margin
- Type your last name, followed by a space and the page number (ex: Doe 3)
- Some teacher's prefer that no running head appear on the first page. Follow your teacher's instructions.
- First word found in the works cited list (usually author's last name)
- Location (usually the page number or paragraph number)
"Formatting a Research Paper." The MLA Style Center, 8th ed., Modern Language